1) How far is Villa Poggiano from Montepulciano?
We are just 3 km from Montepulciano… only 5 minutes by car
2) Do we need a car?
To avoid frustration and loss of precious time, we strongly advise our guests to rent a car, as doing so will make exploring Tuscany much more enjoyable. In this region of Tuscany, public transportation, including taxis, is minimal, especially during the height of the tourist season.
3) Can you assist me in booking a rental car?
With pleasure! We can arrange to have your rental car delivered directly to the Villa or for the rental car company to meet you at the central train station in Chiusi, where your car will be delivered to you in person
4) What kind of driver's license does Italy require?
For all members of the European community, a valid driver’s license is all that is required. A valid international driver's license is required for all other citizens of the international community.
5) Can you help me arrange and book transportation to or from an airport?
6) Is finding a taxi in Montepulciano or the surrounding region easy?
While having your own transportation is the most recommended means of traveling around Tuscany, it is possible to book a taxi. However, due to the limited number of taxis available, it is important that you book your taxi in advance
7) Can you helps me arrange tours of what the region has to offer?
Absolutely! We delight in helping our guests personalize their plans and itineraries, including but not limited to the following:
- An exclusive and private wine tasting at the Villa
- Tours of the various world-famous Vino Nobile di Montepulciano wineries located throughout our region
- A truffle hunting expedition
- An olive oil class and tasting
- Yoga courses
- Working with a personal trainer
- Renting a Vespa
- E-bike and bike rentals
- A Tuscany photography workshop
- Walking tours
- Drive a Ferrari for a day
- Helicopter tour of the Val d’Orcia
- Private or shared ballooning flight
- Marriage proposal!
- Horseback riding in the Tuscan countryside
These are just a few of the options that await you, and we would welcome the opportunity to assist you in designing an experience that is perfect for you!
8) Do you offer cooking classes at the Villa?
Yes! We offer several personalized options, including:
- Cooking classes for small groups of at least four guests
- A cooking class in a private home
- Group cooking classes at a cheese farm
- Private cooking lessons for small groups in an Agriturismo
9) Does Villa Poggiano have a restaurant on-site?
The Villa does not offer a restaurant, but we will be delighted to recommend and book any of the many wonderful restaurants in our area!
10) Can we have a light meal at the Villa during our stay?
Yes. We are pleased to offer our guests a light lunch during June, July, and August
11) Do you sell the wines of Montepulciano at the Villa?
Yes, we do! We proudly offer a small list of some of the area’s finest wines!
12) Are children allowed to the Villa?
While we love children, Villa Poggiano is an adult-only boutique hotel and, therefore, not appropriate for children
13) Do you offer breakfast and, if so, what does it include?
We are pleased to offer our guests a delicious breakfast buffet with several à la carte options, including omelets and eggs prepared according to your preference. We also offer cold-cut salumi and cheeses, pastries, fresh fruit cut daily, and bruschetta. As you would expect, we guarantee the freshness of our food as it is prepared to order
14) Do you offer gluten-free options for breakfast?
Absolutely! We offer gluten-free biscuits, cereals, crackers, and bread for toasting
15) Does the Villa host weddings?
While we do not host weddings at the Villa, we will be delighted to refer you to a trusted professional colleague who can help you plan and coordinate your perfect Tuscan wedding! We are, however, happy to host couples who have eloped. Such events tend to be more intimate, which fits in with the philosophy of Villa Poggiano
16) Is it possible to host business meetings and conferences at the Villa?
Villa Poggiano is ideal for hosting such events. The Villa can accommodate up to 50 people for your event while using the latest technology to fit your needs
17) What is the policy for "tipping"?
We pride ourselves on the level of service we offer our guests. While tipping is never an obligation, if you would like to thank our Team for their service, a small gratuity always encourages and gratifies them. If you choose to tip, you may leave it directly, or you can leave it with the Concierge, where it will be divided equally amongst the staff, including those staff members whom you don’t see but who are constantly working to ensure your stay with us is seamless and memorable!
18) What is the Villa's smoking policy?
Smoking is prohibited in any rooms, suites, or breakfast areas inside and outside. Smoking is permitted outdoors wherever an ashtray is available